My classroom runs on a 6 color coded system. Every student starts their day on green. Throughout the day they can move up or down the color chart depending on their behavior. Negative behavior moves them to yellow, orange, and then red. Positive behavior moves them to purple and then pink. At the end of the day your child will color in their behavior chart the color that the ended the day on. If they are on yellow, orange, or red I will also write a note home informing the parents why they were on a specific color. If your child gets on red it is an immediate call home, where your child must explain why they have moved to red and how they will begin to turn their behavior around. Behavior charts must be signed Thursday night and sent back into school on Friday.
- PINK = Picks first for choice of centers & earns being my helper the following day
- PURPLE = Picks Second for Choice of centers
- GREEN = Picks Third for choice of centers
- YELLOW = 5 minutes off centers
- ORANGE = 10 minutes off centers
- RED = Call Home & No Centers
I also use the website classdojo.com to communicate with parents and post pictures throughout the day.